Human Resource Management:
Purpose of Assignment:
The purpose of this assignment is to examine the human resource management process in relation to recruitment and selection, training and development, and retention/attrition.
Select an organization (current, previous or one that you are familiar with) and examine the human resource management (HRM) process within.
Prepare a 1,050-word evaluation on the HRM process within organizations.
Include the following:
• Define the HRM process.
• Examine the recruitment and selection process and employee development.
◦ Discuss how these processes are handled within the selected organization and their effectiveness.
◦ Discuss the role management plays in these processes.
◦ Identify how organizations benefit from having a HRM process in place.
• Examine the retention/attrition rates within the organization over the past year and identify the drivers of the increase/decrease.
◦ Provide at least three recommendations the organization can incorporate to improve statistics and ensure employers are retaining good talent.
Cite a minimum of two peer-reviewed references in your paper.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.