Research a real-world company that has expanded operations internationally. Write a paper of 500–700 words on international supply chain management, using the company that you researched as your focus. Your paper should include the following:
- From manufacturing to the distribution of goods on an international scale, discuss the elements of a supply chain.
- What are the steps involved in producing an order and shipping it to the customer?
- Identify some of the risks behind not completing certain activities on time (think of the customer impact).
- Compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of international operations.
- In global supply chains, how can a company ensure ethical behavior?
- Based on your research, what are some examples of unethical practices that have taken place?
- Lastly, how have trading blocs, such as the European Union and North American Free Trade Agreement, worked to improve ethical practices?
- Discuss the additional challenges of operating a supply chain internationally.